angels and demons Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Sep 23, 2005 at 06:51 PM

Just wondering, if we have a guardien angel then don't we also have a demon? I mean it is only logic that there should be a balance of good and evil but maybe humains are naturaly evil so we don't need a demon, lol. What do you think?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 25Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 26, 2017 at 01:42 PM

Angles are the mushrooms (Amanita Muscaria in most of the northern hemisphere) that give you a good trip. Spirits, elves, gnomes, etc... are the unseen forces that give you your Golden Fleece, spins hay into gold, water into wine, your daily bread, your very own grail cup, etc... which is just the mushroom's mycelium doing it's thing to infest whatever it has been introduced to.

The first wine was Amanita Muscaria mixed with a sugary liquid, like grape juice or watered down honey.  Alcohol was a happy mistake that eventually took over since it was more available (yeast is everywhere!).  Some of the preparation protocol leaks out in sayings like "Cleanliness is next to godliness" which is telling you to keep a sterile environment so some other nasty, evil, devilish mold or fungus does not take root first.

Demons are the mushrooms that do not give you the trip you are looking for, they can even kill you.  Some truly poisonous mushrooms do look like the ones you want to harvest, tricking people into eating them.  When a good mushroom gets infested by a mold or fungus, it has fallen and you should avoid using it for any preparations.  Evil spirits, goblins, orcs, etc... are the poisonous mushrooms, molds and such, that can make you sick.  It is important to know good from evil, it can save your life!

Making a grail cup was getting A Muscaria to infest a porous vessel.  If it was kept clean and properly dried you resurrect the mushroom's mycelium by filling it with some sugary liquid and in three days it will be ready to drink down and you can take a trip.  Communion wine cups were treated this way.  Other cultures had ways to keep the mycelium going with their own naming.  A house elf would be said to occupy one of these treated vessels in European cultures.  The Golden Fleece comes from a big long trough that is infested and a sugary liquid poured across eventually the mycelium growing into what looks like lamb's wool.  Spinning straw into gold is a euphemism for this process.  The Irish has that cup made from a knot from a tree.  Now you "cure" it with Whiskey but before it was from A Muscaria.  The church, about 400 years ago, sent out a press release to all the priests to only use metal chalices for their wine, putting a stop to this practice, there is nothing for the mycelium to hang onto, making alcohol the drug of choice.

The alchemists extracted the essence, the spirit from various plant and other concoctions through distillation.  That is why hard alcohol is sometimes called distilled spirits.  Angels and demons are real, they are all around you, science just renamed them.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 08, 2008 at 09:16 PM

I believe that people have a good side and a evil side and whether they become good or evil depends on which side they feed the most. I do believe that we all have a angel and a demon but they only tempt us. We are the ones who have to make the decision.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 04, 2006 at 12:58 PM

Just wondering, if we have a guardien angel then don't we also have a demon? I mean it is only logic that there should be a balance of good and evil but maybe humains are naturaly evil so we don't need a demon, lol. What do you think?

I believe that this image of an angel and a demon keeping the human moral balance is nothing more than a Judaio-Christian fiction,the one of the fallen from heaven angels, the so called Nephilim.Demon(?) was nothing else than another word like angel(s)to describe the so called spirits in classical Greece...
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 01, 2006 at 05:01 PM

injun write:
    Oh Everlife--so many one liners--not enough time!!!
    Maybe someone else would like to spike that one?!

Ok come now Injun, can't you see the beauty in such vague comments?

No actual point, no back-up for the non-existant facts... it's great stuff.

Lay off the cheese.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 29, 2006 at 08:35 AM

Everlife write:

It's easy Viv, just stop thinking and start speaking.

Oh Everlife--so many one liners--not enough time!!!
    Maybe someone else would like to spike that one?!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 28, 2006 at 03:37 PM

vivien2005 write:
    maybe you were her angel, bear. i feel that way sometimes, like i wanna help, but i'm not good at that stuff, never know what to say.

It's easy Viv, just stop thinking and start speaking.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 25, 2006 at 08:21 PM

Dark_Elven_Rose write:

aww, you are refering to the image of an angel sitting on one shoulder and a demon sitting on the other? well this is my theory. yes each and every one of us has a gaurdian spirit to protect us from evil. other human beings are more of a danger to each other than evil spirits are to humans.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 14, 2006 at 06:02 PM

According to old christian texts every person in the world has an angel and a demon over them. The angel is there to protect us and lead us to god, the demon is there to thwart the angel and corrupt our souls. As for man being naturally evil, not true. Man is inharantly flawed and born with sin. This does not mean people are automatically evil it means as soon as we're born we are destined for hell unless we alter that fact. Also there was a man talking earlier about lucifer's fall and free will. There are eight different versions of the fall according to the church. Plus, in several of them god gave angel's free will along with man.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 12, 2006 at 12:23 PM

our demon is our conchinse and our angel I think is just pure beleif
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2005 at 08:05 PM

Yes that is true about the king of Babylon. Also at the end of Revelations, Jesus says "I am of the house of David and the bright and morning star" (Venus--Lucifer). Also the word devil itself comes from Sanskrit deva, meaning angel, when after a war with Persia, the Persians decided everything Indian was evil.
    Despite the inaccuracies, there are angels "fallen" from the heavenly abode and chained in hell--our world. It's all simply a reference to the material form of existence. Which itself is morally neutral, but a much more painful and weary place to inhabit as compared to a higher dimension.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 15, 2005 at 01:04 AM

I'm certainly interested in anything related to angels. The idea of good and bad angels is certainly flawed, but so is the story of angels and specifically that of the morning star now simply called Lucifer or Satan. The story of man being created was that that we were given free will. The angels were not. This in essense leads to the debate of whether or not god created evil which all religious scholars will say that God does not create evil, that evil is of its own accord. I will also later in this get into the pitfalls of the actual name Lucifer and it's origins.

Lucifer as stated above is said to be gods right hand man, specifically a Seriphin, the rank of angels that communicated directly with god. Lucifer as stated above was given more power than any other angle, and decided to take on God more or less because he thought god's kingdom should righly be his. Now this is the first contradiction, because angels are not supposed to have free will. Overthrowing your Lord certainly gets evil points in my book.

There are scholars who deal in things like this, and the supposed war of the angels, I honestly wish I knew more than I did on the subject as I personally find it fascinating mythology. The war resulted in Lucifer and his colleagues being cast out of heaven, and dubbed demons. Literal demons. So the argument of there are no demons falls apart at this point. The concept of whether or not God can and did create evil also comes under serious speculation here, since by right, Lucifer should not have had the free will to do what he did.

Back to Lucifer himself. The name Lucifer is derived from the latin words lucem ferre, meaning the bringer of light. Lucifer is mentioned only once in the old testament. The translation has led to speculation that this was the fallen angel "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!"

There is a huge flaw in this. Lucifer is a latin name, written in hebrew text, prior to a Roman language being developed. There is a simple solution to this whole angel/demon quandry.

In the original Hebrew text, the passage is not at all about a fallen angel, but a fallen man, a Babylonian King to be precise. In the Hebrew text the name used for the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which is translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn."

Now you may be confused at this point, but I beg you to bear with me.

In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (One of the Roman gods that gave way to the naming of the planet Venus). Venus is referred to as the morning star because it is still in the morning sky when the sun is visible. Again I will draw attention to the latin(roman) term Lucifer meaning bringer, or bearer, of light.

At this point I hope you see the similarity. Scholars were assigned by King James to trasnslate the bible to english, however the did not use the original Hebrew text but rather the translated versions by Saint Jerome, who had infact wrongly translated the hebrew text into latin, since the the bringer of light was assumed to be the morning star.

Over time modern day christians(well not exactly modern) spun the story of the fallen angel. Each translation from hebrew lost the original context, and is actually an excellent argument over anyone who talks about western Christianities (especially roman catholic) who use english scribed version of the bible. The original meaning of King of Babylon, changed to the planet of venus, changed to the Devil himself. Pretty drastic changes indeed!

Does this prove or disprove the existence of a demon, or even satan himself? That is up to you to decide, but I thought while we were on the subject I might as well rant off the inaccuracies of everything leading up to the stories that were being discussed above.

Sorry if that's a little all over the place, it's hard to pull a lot of that stuff off the top of my had and I had to pull the hebrew name off google, so my thoughts got interupted, but I thought maybe some of you at least might enjoy knowing how very wrong the story of the fallen angel and that of lucifer really was.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 11, 2005 at 09:36 PM

i think that both angels and devils make great sujects to draw other than that im afaid i find the suject kinda mute im one of them silly people that belive anything you make of life you make it by yourself and if by some strange and quiet mad reason i carnt think of right now, i have one then if your one of them people that can see them please inform the git hes fired thanks :)
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 11, 2005 at 08:34 PM

That would be a very interesting thing to experience Viv, wanna trade places?

As for the man coming back to help you, I experienced the same thing only I was the one to go back for a young woman.

I was in a department store, walking past housewars. I suddenly heard crying from my left, I turned as I walked passed the isle and saw a woman in her late 20s sitting down crying.

I took 5 steps but could go no further, I went back and talked with her a bit.

Some guys get a very uncomfortable feeling in their stomachs when they see someone suffering. They feel a great urge to help. I don't know if you women get that feeling often aswell.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 08:16 AM

Dark_Elven_Rose write:
    well I do beleive in dualism because to me that is logic. But if you beleive in angels then surely you also beleive in demons. I mean what about the people who are possesed, well actualy I'm not even sure I beleive in those because some people just fake it to get some atention.

The more I think about religion and stuff the more confused I get. Honeslty I'm not even sure what I belive in anymore. Maybe there is nothing, we only invented religons out of bordom. Actualy that wouldn't suprise me.

Perhaps you should speak to a religious authority to get a more precise answer?

I do believe in angels, and yes, I believe that you're right, demons must exist, as well...says so in Revelations.

Don't give up on religion Rose, I know its tempting sometimes, and we can easily get confused, but thats when you should do as you're doing...seek the advice of others and diversify your sources, to not get info that is too skewed.

Take care, and keep the faith.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 15, 2005 at 10:49 PM

There are no angels.
    There are no devils.
    There are only... the Ultraterrestrials!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 11, 2005 at 07:25 PM

They are classes of beings, not good and evil. Concerning the demons, they are in humanity, and everything else. They could perhaps be called "immature angels".
    A demon cannot create, and wants a feeling of power. The common symptom of this, is if you keep re-living a bunch of memories. The demon(s) cannot create a new thinking process, but they can excite what already exists in your mind.
    This is harmful, it tends to make you sad and worried, and prevents the demon(s) from "growing up". The thing to do is to free your mind, and command the demon(s) to be silent and obedient, just as rowdy children.
    Obviously, this is completely common, so the existence and activity of demons should not come as a big shock.
    On the other hand, it is much more harmful, to deal with demons either by surrendering one's consciousness (possession), or by commanding them to "do things" for you.
    A developed human would, therefor, literally be king or queen of demons. One slight thought from the will of such a person drives them into complete submission.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 07, 2005 at 02:15 AM

It certainly is all in perception.the corruption of the early so-called christian church call the gods of non-christians demons.And I'm sure the peples who had there own perception of the divine would find it quite offensive to see a man of peace,kindness and virtue to me crusified and tortured.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 30, 2005 at 08:44 PM

grimtongue write:
    Good and Evil are concepts that are not concrete. Both are open to interpretation. What is evil in the eyes of one, may not be evil in the eyes of another. So to say that any being can be influenced based on the interpretation of evil is assinine. Intention, however, is another thing. If one has evil intentions, then the angel/ demon/ fetch/ whatever *may* be influenced by those intentions.

i forgot who said this but i remember the quote "The pride and love of one country leads to the hate of another" what i trying to say is i dont think there is good nor evil just love and hate.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 10, 2005 at 04:39 PM

Good and Evil are concepts that are not concrete. Both are open to interpretation. What is evil in the eyes of one, may not be evil in the eyes of another. So to say that any being can be influenced based on the interpretation of evil is assinine. Intention, however, is another thing. If one has evil intentions, then the angel/ demon/ fetch/ whatever *may* be influenced by those intentions.
Follow - email me when people comment