Questions about the cross and Satan Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 11, 2004 at 09:07 AM

The cross was around as a religious symbol for thousands of years before Christianity was invented. So was the crucifix, I might add. So, one need not be a Chritian in order to wear what has been adopted as a Christian symbol. It is always a way that some spineless pagans hide their religion. Sorry, but to me that is just cowardice.

As per the Father Satan bit, who knows. 99 out of 100 of you modern satanists are disgruntled 14 year old kids who grew up Christian, and have no idea as to what real satanism is about. Considering that, are yu surprised there is so much confusion about satanism?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 15Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 26, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Originally the shape of the cross was a T, the Tau, with down turned corners.  That came from the optimal time to harvest the Amanita Muscaria mushroom; when it looked like a round table, or toad stool.  Looking at the crossection you get the T.  As a side note, if you happen upon the mushroom later that day, it should be in grail form, with the top being fully upturned with a bit of dew caught in it.  That water will be red from the mushroom cap which you can drink.  The crossection then is where the phoenix, dragons, angels,  fairies, etc... is represented.  Over time, the origin of the shape was forgotten.

So to consume the mushroom, they made an anointing oil (Christ really means "the anointed") so then every week, you would go down and have the priest draw a T on your forehead with the oil (or maybe the priest will slip a dried mushroom cap in your mouth) and spend the rest of the day on a nice high.  Think of a green faced Witch also, she has smeared a plant based salve for her vision quest making her skin green and messy but a good way to control doses.  Over time, with the mushroom's T being forgotten and replaced with other drugs to finally inert plant substances, the + was easier to draw than the T.  So the cross they made finally was known as a cross we now know.  But the alphabet does not let us forget they are the same, just a lower case (t) and uppercase (T) TEE.

That is where the words we currently use came from.  The cross which symbolizes the mushroom has been around long before, as mentioned earlier.  The Egyptians' ankh is the mushroom in both the T and fully open grail form.  Thor's hammer is also a nice fat T which symbolizes the mushroom and the source of all his power.  The Tao which is the same word as Tau which is the shape of the mushrooom (T) is what Buddha was waiting for to pop up under the bodhi tree.  I see nothing wrong with wearing a symbol representing a mushroom!

• View author's info Posted on Mar 17, 2012 at 09:59 AM

(I am not satanic but i know alittle about it)
    Satan, or Amon, is really the demon of wrath according to ancient scriptures. Lucifer, the demon of Pride (note my name) is the emperor of hell or "the devil".
    But of course who really knows what is true in this world.........I just say what I was told.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 20, 2012 at 05:49 PM

the cross is a instument used to torture people . the pagans crussifide enemys of sorts. then romans. a roman emperor had a dream of a cross in the sky . and heard a voice say
    . under this simbol you will rule allmighty and with justice and all will fall to your wise feel . or sumthing like that. so he converted by law all of rome and its dominions . soon others did too. there is a evil black cross in wich people died on but upside down. in catacoms. so the history is not as simple. so as christians go sum do know of the black cross. and follow the faith not simbols. so a inverted cross dosnt shock them or me. people rotting as they are still alive will atleast get my attention then a person expressing there freedom of religous freedom. so rock them pentigrams . horns. upside down black evil crosses all over your bathroom pics. just a general post on self expresion. not for users hear

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Feb 15, 2012 at 05:23 PM

the cross is a universal shape. its a x in a axis. not evil or good. a center point of sorts. the iron cross is used to express rebelion in a humanistic way
    . its bad ass to me in whatever shape or form
    i just dont want to be naild on one. thaks to j. i dont have to. god its even in our ethnic flag.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 04, 2005 at 07:17 PM

Okay, I've Only read the Satanic Bible, and been on a web site about Set. I'm not Satanic myself, but I'm a bit confused, but from what I've gathered, You (Satanists) don't worship Satan as a god, but rather see Him (it?) as some kind of role model? Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

By the by, Satan as an adverary existed for a long time, but the Christain Church likend him to the Greek God Pan & the Celtic Horned God to win converts by demonising their rivals. This is where the "goat" devil comes from.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 09:13 AM

A point to be cleared about Satanism. According to Satanists (not devil worshippers, not anti-christians, not pagans, not angsty teens, not Fanatic LaVey-ers), Satan is not a person/God, but the spirit, the personification of progression, of personal evolution and inner power. It tells you that you are your master, not to serve him or any god, and to fight those you want to rule you, not be led like a sheep. In the way Satanism is a Humanistic religion, which's center is man himself, and his nature. But of course I am talking about the original, pure, non christianity-related Satanism.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 25, 2005 at 01:22 PM

Actually as grim stated the cross was used before christianity existed, it was originally a pagan symbool but when christ was killed christians used the symbol for themselves.

I also agree with the point that most modern satanists are youths rebelling against the faith they were brought up in, yet if you were brought up in a strong christian faith and you change religion (my case Wicca) then no matter your age people say your rebelling against your parents.

But in the whole, looking from my view true satanists arent truely what people percieve them as.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2005 at 09:23 PM

about the cross being a symbol of Christianity- well, yes, it was adapted by the people, but it's becase the cross became a symbol of God's love and Jesus' sacrifice of His life for the salvation of mankind. although it was a symbol of mockery and shame for ancient romans, it became a symbol of salvation
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2004 at 10:32 AM

and I did, from the start and I see where you're coming from.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2004 at 10:32 AM

im not claiming to be very knowledgeable about either. I'm sure the two are different, but I'm acting in good faith that satan and devil are the same guy. If i am wrong, please, educate me.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 30, 2004 at 04:43 PM

"Since satan, or the devil, or whatever seems to exist only in christianity, wouldn't that technically make satanists christians too?"

Read the entire forum topic of 'why do people confuse satanists and devil worshippers'

The Sumerians were the first to worship the horned god, and the Sumerian religion is part of spiritual satanism.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 28, 2004 at 05:19 PM

Since satan, or the devil, or whatever seems to exist only in christianity, wouldn't that technically make satanists christians too?
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 28, 2004 at 05:17 AM

( bare this thought in mind)

I read in a pagan book b4 that satan appently then paganism and christnalty started the pagans worshipped a horned god pan and christrians took and the horned god and called him satan and the devil in order to convert people and thats where satan originally comes from.

(if its true or not i dont know but its something to keep an open mind about
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 12, 2004 at 10:59 AM

I see Satan not so much as being an entity in the literal sense but more a concept that is within us, the true god within if you will. He has been called by many names in mythology, not only Satan or Luicifer. The greek myth of Prometheus is a good example, of a god who was punished due to bringing people the gift of using fire. Like Lucifer he was the bringer of light and knowledge, and the Olympian gods didn't like him either.

In the Old Testament the serpent is not referred to as Satan or Lucifer for that matter, but pagan religions consider sankes to be a symbol of wisdon whereas christianity has turned the snake into a symbol of evil. In the Genesis it was not the snake that lied to Eve but Jehovah, as he told them if they ate the fruit they would die on the same day. They did not, but gained knowledge as the Serpent had promised. Jehovah is the symbol of ignorance, he wants to keep people down whereas Satan is the symbol of wisdom who wants people to lift themselves out of ignorance. Least that's how I see it.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 11, 2004 at 04:44 PM

Father Satan is used by Spiritual Satanists, because we believe Satan/Ptah/Enki created us. Sort of like Christians refer to Jehovah as their father. As far as Modern Satanists saying father satan, I have never seen that, but if they do then I dont know.

Satanists using Satan to refer to the Christian devil, it's actually backwards unless you are a christian devil worshipper.
Follow - email me when people comment